Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mime acting

video

For this assignment we had a choice of making Timon a hitchhiker or get turned down for a date or fall down and elevator shaft without any dialogue. I went 5 seconds over our max. requirement (which is a lot in animation) but I still managed to get some really smooth animation in there.

I didn't finish it as nicely as I wanted however( the part when his foot gets run over). I kinda squished his pose in there and he should be placed a little farther to the right of the screen. Also I wanted to add ina few more in-betweens to his stagger. And not to mention I never got around to drawing his face. I still got an A though so I guess I can't complain too much.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yes, you have fixed it so that you don't have to have a blogger site to live a message. I showed your Dad how to going into you blogspot today.
(Carl...you add a note just like you would on the dekokgang blog).

I remember you talking about this one and he was hitchhiking and tried the "sexy" leg thing. Congrats on the "A". Job well done.

How long does it take you to come up with an animation skit like that. Do you draw each individual picture or do computers do that now?

Anita said...

We were given 2 weeks for this assignment. Although this was one 6 different classes a week each having their own assignments.

For this type of animation I have to draw each picture. There are 24 drawings (or as we call them, frames) per second. This is very time consuming. After while it goes faster once you learn to draw looser.

This is what you would call a "line test". Which is like a rough draft to test your timing, flow, appeal, etc...

In a finished animation there would be one person who draws the extreme poses and someone else would draw all the "in-betweens". Someone else does "clean-up"(outlining), someone else does color, someone else does backgrounds....you'd be surprised how much work goes into animation!

cheryl said...

That is a lot of work. I had heard that it takes a long time to create one little piece of animation. I suppose learning the "mechanics" of it first is important. That why you understand why you do things the way you do it.

Seeing you do this stuff wishes that I had thought of it when I was your age to go on in school. I find it interesting and exciting. But now I'm too old, I guess I will have to live my dreams through you now.